Thank you Niraja @ young adult fiction reviews for nominating me for the Liebster Award! You all should go check out her blog for lots of great reviews and other bookish fun – it’s awesome!
So, it took me a bit longer than I thought to get this posted, but I finally have the time to do it, so here goes! Aghh, I’m so excited!
- Create a post to accept the award! Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog (it would help if you included a little information about it).
- Display the award on your blog. You can save the image and upload it to your blog post and/or add it as a widget on your blog.
- List 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-10 blogs you admire that have less than 200 followers.
- Post your answers to the questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- List these rules in your post.
- Ask your nominees 10 questions after tagging them in the post.
- My favorite color is yellow.
- I am addicted to Monster energy drinks. (The green ones.)
- I love thunderstorms.
- If I could have one super power, it would be the ability to fly.
- I have lots of strange pet peeves…
- I guess you could say I’m a bit OCD.
- I love meeting new people and making new friends.
- I prefer sneakers over heels.
- I’m scared of horses.
- I have trouble sleeping.
1. From Hogwarts’ houses to Divergent factions, choose a community from a book or series where you think you’d feel at home.
I’d probably feel most at home in either Gryffindor House or Hufflepuff House. Gryffindor because they’re strong, brave, and loyal. Hufflepuff because… Well, because they’re yellow and the name sounds cute lol.
2. Where is the best place you’ve traveled to?
Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to travel as much as I’d like to, so I’ve only been to a few places other than home. My favorite place I’ve travelled to is Englewood Beach in Florida. It’s so quiet and peaceful, the perfect place to hang out with your book and relax. I absolutely love it there.
3. Is there a particular book or series that instigated your love for reading (Feel free to do the My Bookish History Tag if you want to share extra details!)?
J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter. Definitely my “book-love instigators”. I liked reading before I read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone… but after reading such a magical story, that’s when and how my love blossomed. (I’ll definitely do the My Bookish History tag!!)
4. Are there any genres you’re not comfortable with? Any you absolutely love?
I’m comfortable with just about any genre, but as much as I’d like to read more Non-Fiction, I can never get into Science books. I like Science Fiction, though. Genres I love are Historical Fiction, Fantasy, and YA.
5. What are some novels you’ve read for school that you’ve enjoyed?
The novel that comes to mind is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. This book is a classic that everyone should read (if you haven’t already).
6. Who is a character you can really relate to?
Female characters. Characters that are an only child. Characters who deal with teen pregnancy.
7. What is your favorite animal? Favorite food? Favorite article of clothing?
My favorite animals are owls. My favorite food is oatmeal. My favorite article of clothing is my socks. I would go crazy without my footies.
8. What are you currently reading?
I just started a book called Gretel and the Dark by Eliza Granville. I’m having a hard time getting into it, but I’m only a couple chapters in, so I’m hoping it picks up soon.
9. What is your favorite sport to watch in the Olympics (or play, if you’re athletic!)?
I don’t watch the Olympics. I love to watch and play basketball, though.
10. What is the last book you read that completely took you by surprise (maybe you weren’t expecting to like/dislike it, or a red herring/plot twist threw you off)?
Never, Never by Colleen Hoover and Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I was totally expecting to dislike Never, Never, but I ended up really, really liking it! And Throne of Glass was opposite. I thought I’d love it because everyone else did… But I absolutely did not. I almost DNF’ed it.
1. Is there a certain book that reminds you of your childhood?
2. What’s the longest book you’ve ever read? And how long was it?
3. Do you have any signed copies of books?
4. Do you prefer to read standalone books or books in a series?
5. Do you have any pets?
6. What’s your favorite thing to do (besides read)?
7. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
8. What do you use as bookmarks?
9. What’s your favorite type of music?
10. If you could meet and have dinner with one author, who would it be?