Hey there, fellow bloggers! August is gone already and boy, did the month fly by! I just started my blog in August, and I can’t believe how awesome it’s been! Thanks to you guys! Y’all have welcomed me into the blogosphere with open arms and warm wishes and I appreciate it so much. This has been a really great month!!
With all the challenges I’m currently participating in, not to mention the real life stuff going on, I’m surprised I was able to get as much read as I did. In my August Book Haul, I mentioned a few of the books I had intended to read in August. But of course, things never go exactly as planned, so I didn’t read everything I said I was going to… But I did read a whopping 10 books!
Let’s get into the Wrap-Up and see how I did!
- These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
- And I Darken by Kiersten White
- The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
- Pieced Together by Kelly Moore
- The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
- These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker – This was an AMAZING book! 5 stars!! Haven’t had a chance to post a review, but there is one coming!
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
- And I Darken by Kiersten White – No action. No fun. Not for me. 2.5 stars – Review
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
- Pieced Together by Kelly Moore – Another great book in a great series! 4 stars – Review
- The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu – I recommend this book to every adolescent everywhere. A must read. 5 stars – Review
I’m not sure why I didn’t end up reading Falling Kingdoms… It’s a series I really wanna get into. Hope to start reading it within the next couple months. The Forgotten Garden was a buddy read with my friend Polar Icee @ novel recaps. We both started reading, made it to Chapter 11, and got side tracked with other books! It wasn’t that the book wasn’t good. I think I was just more in the mood for Fantasy and YA this past month.
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – I am so, so sad that I wasted time reading this book. I’m sorry, people. I know everyone loves it, but it just wasn’t for me. 1.5 stars – Review
- Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger – This book was ok. Seemed like it was aimed more toward a way younger audience. 3 stars
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers – Lots of cool elements in the story. Started to slow up towards the end, though. – 3.5 stars
- Unseemly by Jason Parent – I received this book from the author through the Goodreads group For Love of a Book in exchange for my review. Jason Parent is becoming one of my new favorite authors! He isn’t scared to take that next step into gory horror and I love it! (Is something wrong with me? Nahh.) – 4 stars – Review
- Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich – Received this book through NetGalley in exchange for my review. A quick, easy read that had me laughing out loud at times. – 3 stars – Review
- Glitter by Aprilynne Pike – An ARC from NetGalley. This book was great. Something a bit different from what I’m used to, and that’s why I enjoyed it as much as I did. – 4 stars – Review
So I read a few more books than I expected to. I was hoping to stay at an average of 8 books a month, 2 books a week. I exceeded my goal so I’m pretty happy about that. I’ve got lots of reviews to catch up on, and my plan is to be more active in September, posting more discussion posts and keeping you guys up to date with what’s going on. Thanks again SO MUCH for being so welcoming to me during my first month in the blogging community. It really means a lot to me 🙂
I hope everyone had a wonderful August! Were you able to read all of your planned books this month? Have you read any of the books listed above? Let me know what ya think!