Hey, guys! Today I’m back with another Saturday Special for you! Saturday Special is a new bi-weekly feature here at bookslayerReads where I will be introducing experienced book bloggers and asking them “get to know you” questions, as well as questions about blogging tips and advice.
This week we’ll be featuring Michelle from Book Adventures!
1) How long have you been blogging?
One year and 2 months, I started Book Adventures in September 2015.
2) What is the meaning behind your blog name, Book Adventures? How did you come up with it?
Every new book is an adventure and so I thought Book Adventures would be an appropriate name for a book blog.
3) What has been your biggest obstacle since blogging and how have you overcome it?
Writing solid posts. Since English is my second language, I was so scared that my posts wouldn’t be good enough. But the more posts I wrote, the better my writing became. As they say – Practice makes perfect. 😉
4) What would you say the toughest pressure of being a blogger is?
Constantly coming up with new post ideas. Every book blogger wants their blog to be unique, so you constantly have to come up with new ideas to keep it fresh and unique.
5) In what ways do you feel you have changed/grown as a blogger since you first started blogging until now?
I feel like my writing has definitely improved and I’m so proud of myself. I think I’ve also learned to better manage my time by scheduling posts for weeks when I know I’ll be super busy.
6) How has your blog changed since you first started blogging?
It has a definite theme now with matching headers and everything. It actually looks pretty professional at the moment. And I’m so proud of the way it looks.
7) What would you say is the best thing about the blogging community?
Just the community as a whole. The book blogging community is the best and friendliest community you can be a part of. Everyone is super supportive of each other and is always up for a chat, especially if it’s book related.
8) Can you give us newbies some advice on book blogging?
Just enjoy it. Blogging should be for YOU. I know all of us want to gain followers and have good stats, but if you just do what you want to and what you’re comfortable with – you’ll be successful!
9) Do you have any tips on time management?
If you know you’re going to have a busy week, try and schedule some posts beforehand. Also have some drafted posts available for when you’re short on time, that way you can just publish it when you need to.
10) What started your love for reading and/or writing?
My grandma taught me how to read at a very young age and I instantly fell in love with it. I loved the idea of going on an “adventure” without actually going anywhere.
11) What are your favorite blog posts to write?
Book Tags. These are so fun, I love answering the questions, tagging bloggers and seeing their answers.
12) What is your all time favorite book?
Harry Potter and The Philosophers Stone. I love this book SO much. It’s the book that first introduces us to the wizarding world and it honestly just makes me SO happy whenever I reread it.
13) What is your top read of 2016?
I really loved The Raven Boys. It had such a unique plot and eccentric set of characters, throw in beautiful prose and you have a five star read.
14) If you could have dinner with one author, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
J.K. Rowling. I have so many questions about Harry Potter that I’d love for her to answer.
15) What is the one post on your blog that you’re most proud of?
A discussion post I wrote a couple of weeks ago about Why I Was Thinking About Quitting Bookstagram.
Thank you so much, Michelle, for sharing with us and giving us newbies such helpful advice! I love your blog and I wish you more success! Check out Michelle’s Blog for more awesome content! You will fall in love.
If you would like to get in touch with Michelle on social media, here are her links:
Thanks for reading, guys! I hope you enjoyed this week’s featured blogger and found her advice helpful! Stay tuned for the next special! And let me know below if you’d like to be featured! See ya soon.